The IT Technician is a member of the MSP Service Desk Team. This team handles all incident based customer support requests to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Incident resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
This position escalates issues to the Team lead, MSP Service Desk and secondarily to the Manager, MSP Service Desk when additional technical assistance is required. The Technician interacts directly with customers through ticket resolution and will serve as primarily point of contact with the customer. In addition to owning and ensuring that support requests are resolved properly the first time, the Help Desk Technician is also responsible for meeting ITaaS SLA’s.
- Resolve assigned customer technical issues
- Technician will be required to travel onsite to clients
- Communicate to customers clearly, effectively and professionally
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers
- Field incoming help requests from end users via a variety of intakes (phone, walkup, onsite, offsite, email, etc)
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of request or incident..
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Identify and escalate critical incidents
- Microsoft Office Programs
- Microsoft Desktop operating systems
- Computer networking, including switches, SMB routers and wireless access points
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Maintain fax machines, printers, scanners and other networked business machines.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience supporting multiple models of mobile devices.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Basic knowledge of switches and network devices.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.