According to KnowBe4, there is a new sophisticated Netflix phishing attack you need to watch out for. They start out very pleasant, saying they have some trouble with your billing info, and pretty please with sugar update your payment details. But if you fall for it, they will try to steal your login details, your credit card data, your picture and your ID! Here are the things to Think About Before You Click!
- Never click on a login link or an account verification link in an email. If there is one, bail.
- Check for the green HTTPS padlock. If there isn’t one, bail.
- But if there is a padlock, check the name of the site. If it’s not exactly what you expect, bail.
- Don’t ignore telltales such as spelling and grammar errors. If it looks wrong, bail.
- Guard your ID closely. If you’re asked for a selfie or ID when it isn’t absolutely necessary, bail.